Ever since OnlyFans appeared online, it has become one of the fastest-growing platforms globally. Considering the unique nature of the network, most users offer you to use a paid subscription if you want to follow their content. However, you’ll want to stop following them in some cases, so you have to learn how to unsubscribe from OnlyFans. Today’s blog also talks about deleting an account and whether you can refund your money from the platform.
Table of Contents
Reasons You Should Think About Deleting Your OnlyFans Account
One of the reasons people decide to delete their accounts is that the monthly subscription fee for most creators is quite high. Although paying a fee on a monthly basis will give you access to a wider range of content, exclusive releases, and adult material, it can be a financial burden. If you want to follow several creators on this subscription-based platform, you should often check your credit or debit card to see and control how much you’re spending. Otherwise, you can easily spend hundreds of dollars each month.
Another common reason why users decide to delete their accounts is that they get too invested in the platform and spend too much money and time going through the content. In addition, once you leave your credit card details, it gets so addictive to subscribe to more and more user accounts, and you’ll also be stuck watching videos and pictures all day instead of being productive.
If you think that users you follow stopped releasing relevant content, you don’t have to delete your account; you can unsubscribe instead. Also, if you’re not into explicit material and the account posts a lot of adult stuff, then you can unsubscribe.
Before you learn how to delete the OnlyFans account or cancel a subscription, let’s talk about the things you should do.
Things You Should Do Before Deleting Your OnlyFans Account
One of the things you should know before starting the deletion process is that it will only become available for you after the last active subscription expires. In other words, you won’t be able to delete it right away, and you’ll have to wait. If all the subscriptions are expired, OnlyFans will remove your account after you’re done with all the steps.
Some content creators want to remove their accounts since they’re afraid of unwanted subscriptions that will either download, screen record, or screenshot their work. Many users on OnlyFans focus on adult content, which they don’t want going around in public, and want to share exclusive content only with their subscribers. The good thing is that the community of creators can follow their subscriptions and decide whether to remove someone from that list.
Another tip we highly recommend is increasing your subscription fee once you decide to remove your account because people will stop subscribing. Again, we’re talking about a very high cost everyone will consider way too expensive.
Next, remember to save all your data. If you’re subscribed to other creators, you have access to content that you can download and save. The content subscription service allows you to do this, and it’s completely legal. However, when you permanently delete the account, you can’t save the data later.
How To Delete OnlyFans Account
You can delete your profile on this social platform by following a few simple steps. You can do this procedure using your mobile device or a computer. Another route you can take is to get in touch with the network’s customer support team and ask them to delete your account.
If you’ve been looking to download an OnlyFans app on your iOS device, you probably noticed that it’s not an option. Both Apple and Android don’t allow this type of app in their stores, mainly due to the sexual content.
- Open your preferred web browser on your iOS device.
- Visit the OnlyFans website.
- Log into your account with your username and password.
- Tap on the profile picture located in the lower right part of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings section.
- Select your account handle located in the top part of the screen.
- Find the Delete Account option and select it.
- You’ll receive a confirmation code that you have to enter.
- You’ll see a Yes, Delete button on your screen, tap on it.
- Your account will be deleted right away if you don’t have any subscribers. You’ll also receive an email once the account is deleted. However, if you have subscribers, you’ll have to wait for the last subscription to expire before OnlyFans closes your account. Subscribers have it much simpler because they can delete their accounts whenever they want to. This will also stop all their subscriptions, and there won’t be any new charges on their credit cards.
If you use an Android device, you can only delete an account if you log into the platform using a web browser. Unfortunately, OnlyFans hasn’t released an app for Android users; therefore, you must take the longer route and use a web browser. However, when you want to remove your account from this subscription-based platform using an Android, you can follow the same guide we listed for iOS users.
Removing your account via a computer is so simple that it will take you only minutes. The same procedure applies to both content creators and subscribers.
- The first thing you need to do is open your preferred web browser and log into your account.
- Enter your password and email address, then click Log In.
- Click on your profile picture.
- You’ll see a menu where you should find the Settings option and click on it.
- Find the Account section, then click on it.
- Click on Account Management.
- Scroll down to find the Delete Account option and select it.
- The platform will send you a verification code to enter before they delete your account.
- When the account is deleted, they will email you; therefore, you need a valid email address to check your inbox. Content creators have to wait until their last subscription expires before their account is deleted. They can’t take any additional actions to speed up the process.
Now that you learned how to delete an OnlyFans account, let’s see how you can unsubscribe.
How To Cancel OnlyFans Subscription
If you ever want to cancel a subscription, this social media platform gives you the chance to do that in just a few steps. All you have to do is turn off the auto-renewal option each time you want to stop following specific OnlyFans creators. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to do this before the new billing cycle starts; otherwise, you’ll be charged again for the entire month, even if you’re a day late.
- Open your preferred web browser, and log into your account.
- Find the account you want to unsubscribe from by either going through your list of subscriptions or searching them by name.
- Click on the auto-renew button.
- OnlyFans will ask you to select a reason why you decided to unsubscribe.
- You can also choose whether you want to unsubscribe by turning off the auto-renew switch or like to unsubscribe, unfollow and stop seeing their customized content.
Now that we covered the ‘How to unsubscribe from OnlyFans’ question, we wanted to discuss another important topic.
How To Get A Refund On OnlyFans Subscriptions?
Getting an OnlyFans refund is not an option, no matter what you do. Even if you subscribed to an account by mistake, you can’t take your actions or money back. According to OnlyFans’ terms of service, they’re not responsible when you decide to subscribe to someone’s account. This happens even if the user’s posts go against the content guidelines. So you have to think very hard before subscribing, consider whether you’re interested in the type of content they have to offer and if you’re ready to pay the monthly fee.
FAQs About Deleting An OnlyFans Account
Can I Bring Back My Account After Deleting It?
Deleting an account is a permanent action, which means there is no turning back. So if you decide to do this, you have to think very hard.
Are My Subscriptions Canceled When I Delete My Account?
Yes, if you don’t have a creator account, all your subscriptions will be canceled when you delete it. In other words, there is no need to turn off the auto-renew subscription option before deleting an account.
Just like all other online platforms, OnlyFans lets its creators release advertising content, so they can earn from their efforts. Through content subscription, users support their favorite creators, but the good thing is that you can unsubscribe whenever at any time. You can do that by turning off the auto-renew feature. We have already explained the process in the guides.